Thursday, January 13, 2011

I Am Back!

So, the midterm exams are over. I am free again!

FREEDOOOM!

I am now planning to start reading Teresa of Avila works SERIOUSLY. I have read some of her poems, the book entitled The Foundations, and the Constitutions she made for the Discalced Carmelite Nuns. I also got a copy of The Interior Castle, and of The Way of Perfection. Now I wonder how shall I start reading them and how long will it take me to absorb everything.

Blessed Charles was very fond of Saint Teresa of Avila. It was said that he kept on reading and rereading her works and I suppose he had memorized a lot of "Teresian" lines! Teresa was his spiritual best friend, and Blessed Charles if inviting us to keep a spiritual best friend, too. That saint will be our companion on our way to Jesus.

Saint Teresa was very devoted to Saint Joseph. If I am not mistaken, the first monastery she founded was named after him. Imagine the opposition she met in reforming the Carmelite order! But she was courageous; she persevered. Teresa!

So, continue praying for me, that I may have the courage to persevere, just like Saint Teresa.

No comments:

Post a Comment