Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Break, Nuns and Blessings

Tomorrow will be the start of my Christmas break, yet I do not know if I will be able to finish the assigned school jobs. Oh.



Solemn Profession of a Handmaid of the Precious Blood
Another News from the Handmaids

The Handmaids of the Precious Blood, who are very close to my heart, were founded by Fr. Gerald Fitzgerald in 1947. Their community is 'dedicated to Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration for the sanctification of priests and the needs of the whole world'. Their web address describes their vocation: Nuns for Priests. Please visit their website for more information.

It's beautiful to know that there are people who pray for our beloved priests, and it would be really great if you would join them in their apostolate. For more information about their "external apostolate", click here.



Going back to my Christmas break, I came up with a To-do list:


  1. Watch the Into Great Silence again (without sleeping!). I'm going to arm myself with tons of coffee!
  2. Continue reading The Ancrene Riwle, and finish the other books I currently read so that I can proceed to The Interior Castle. The poor book has been in my shelf for many weeks.
  3. Travel to a far place (not kidding!)
  4. Spend more time at the Phatmass Chat. I was in a hurry this morning and I left the chat too soon. How it breaks my heart (yikes!)
  5. Rest!
As for My Christmas Wish, the Good Lord has been providing for my spiritual needs and I am so grateful. Although I do not have a "formal" spiritual director, the Blue Hermit is journeying with me. He's my spiritual grandfather, father and brother. I just want to thank him here for his love and support. Without him, my soul could have fled somewhere! Brother Dismas is God's gift to me. O Brother, I just can't thank you enough!

So now I am asking you to help Br. Dismas continue his ministry to the people in Gambia. Please click here for more details. You may also buy his "Rustic Rosaries" (for my friends here in the Philippines, I could show you a sample.)

Tomorrow will be another day. Common sense tells us so. :)

May God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment