Thursday, December 23, 2010

My Prayer For Today (And Probably For 2011)


Psalm 143: 1-11
Lord, listen to my prayer;
turn your ear to my appeal.

You are faithful, you are just; give answer.
Do not call your servant to judgment
for no one is just in your sight.
The enemy pursues my soul;
he has crushed my life to the ground;

he has made me dwell in darkness
like the dead, long forgotten.
Therefore my spirit fails;
My heart is numb within me.
I remember the days that are past:

I ponder all your works.
I muse on what your hand has wrought
and to you I stretch out my hands.
Like a parched land my soul thirsts for you.
Lord, make haste and answer;
for my spirit fails within me.
Do not hide your face
lest I become like those in the grave.
In the morning let me know your love
for I put my trust in you.
Make me know the way I should walk:
to you I lift up my soul.
Rescue me, Lord, from my enemies;
I have fled to you for refuge.
Teach me to do your will
for you, O Lord, are my God.
Let your good spirit guide me
in ways that are level and smooth.
For your name’s sake, Lord, save my life;
in your justice save my soul from distress.

No comments:

Post a Comment